Yoakum National Bank and the Independent Bankers Association of Texas want to offer some tips to ensure the safety of your money.
- Keep a written log of your credit and debit cards issued by your financial institution. Notify the bank immediately if a card is lost or stolen. Never write your PIN on the back of your debit card.
- Regularly check account balances for accuracy and any suspicious activity. Contact the bank with any suspicious transactions on your account.
- Beware of any contact from an individual claiming to be from your financial institution who asks for account or personal information. Never provide this information unless you initiate the call.
- Always be aware of scam artists. Scam artists often target elders.
- Secure mobile phones and other devices that store sensitive account information. Activate the security code and lock features.
- Be cautious when using automated teller machines. Check your surroundings and proceed with caution.
If you have any questions about the safety of your money contact the bank.